In Sanskrit ‘Nauka’ means ‘Boat’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. So this asana is called as Naukasana. While practicing boat pose you will see the entire body takes a shape of a boat. This boat pose is beneficial to cure many physical disorders. Basically naukasana helps to strengthen the lungs, liver and pancreas. Helps to increases the circulation of blood and maintain the sugar level.
Benefits of Naukasana (Boat-Pose)
- Helps to reduce belly fat.
- Improve the function of digestion.
- Good for developing six pack ABS.
- Regulates the function of pancreas, liver and lungs.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles.
- Good for diabetes patient to maintain the sugar level.
- Improves the blood circulation.
- Strengthens the muscles of thigh, hips, necks and shoulder.
- Improves the function of kidney, thyroids and prostate glands.
Steps for Naukasana (Boat-Pose)
- Lie flat on your back on the yoga mat with your arms by your side.
- Relax in this position for some time and keep breathing normally.
- Now inhale slowly and lift your both legs as per shown in the above image.
- Keep legs straight and should not be bent.
- Raise your upper body to touch your legs with both hands.
- Try to maintain the angle of 45 degrees.
- Hold your breath and the posture for 10-15 seconds. You can increase the time of holding posture by practicing regularly.
- Now exhale slowly and get back to your starting position.
3-4 repetitions daily but should not overdo.
Published by: World Peace Yoga School.